Monday, August 17, 2020

Something Like Normalcy

I was so excited to have something like a normal weekend for like the first time since covid-19 initially surged in Massachusetts.

Went hiking in the blue hills on Saturday, got good and lost on the way back with no map and a stubborn refusal to use my cell phone...but after bushwacking off Hancock Hill found my trail again and all was good.

Ran rock climbing and a bit of high ropes for a patrol of 5 scouts at New England Base Camp on Sunday. I had not realized how much I missed that whole experience - spending time with fellow instructors and seeing young folk try something new and succeed at something they initially thought was impossible.

Due to covid-19, we have to keep to the same small groups throughout the day -- to limit potential for spread, we can't have drop-ins and random intermixing -- which means a lot more time to have meaningful program and see a bit more of the scouts than the weekend programs usually offer. I liked it.

No comments: