Wednesday, June 03, 2020

I Am Wrong More Often than I would Like to Be

I believe all successful democracies require compassion, open-mindedness, and clarity of thought. And clear thinking is neither easy or free.

In order to increase my clarity of thought I am resolving write publicly and frequently about the things I see happening around me. This is not because I think I am right or have the answers. It is because I think I am wrong more often than I would like to be and I know I do not have the answers.

I do this in public, because the discipline will help keep me honest and because I know my friends have the capacity to help me sharpen my thinking...with grace and compassion, with insightful questions, and most of all with sensitivity to the fact that writing does not come easily to me and I will make mistakes.

No comments: